Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open .brres on a Mac?
Question 
I've been trying to find a way to open .brres files on a Mac and I have some trouble.

So I'm trying to rip Chibi Robo! Plug Into Action! and thanks to a Japanese Wii version, I have to deal with .brres files instead of some strange format, that I have no way of decompressing.
I successfully extracted the files but I can't open the .brres files mainly because I have no software to convert them to a friendlier format, like .OBJ.
I've been surfing the net to find a solution and I came up with some tutorial thath apparently would allow me to get Brawl Box on a Mac, but the only problem is that after following the steps nothing happens. I even downloaded XQuartz but it doesn0t work. Most of these tutorials are from 2005-2015. I'm using High Sierra.
In another thread ( https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-32559.html ) we were talking about Mac Ripping, I tried some ripping software and posted my results, and a user suggested that I should compile the original bmdview or other open source software on a Mac, however, I don't know anything about programming.
I also tried Wiimms SZS tools, wich I succesfully installed, but I haven't figured out how to get a .brres into blender.
I anyone knows a way to open those files on a mac, I would be vey happy. The only problem I have is that I don't have enough space for BootCamp, so unfortunately that's not an option.

Thanks in advance
Current Projects:

-Half Life: Opposing Force (PC)
-Half Life: Blue Shift (PC)
-Chibi Robo: Plug Into Action! (Gamecube)
-Dead Rising (X Box 360)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Open .brres on a Mac? - by Skessler - 08-09-2018, 08:56 PM
RE: Open .brres on a Mac? - by Raccoon Sam - 08-10-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: Open .brres on a Mac? - by Skessler - 08-10-2018, 05:29 PM
RE: Open .brres on a Mac? - by Raccoon Sam - 08-11-2018, 12:56 AM
RE: Open .brres on a Mac? - by Skessler - 08-13-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Open .brres on a Mac? - by Raccoon Sam - 08-14-2018, 12:52 AM