Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NES Toon-Link
Oh boy, I have a lot to type.  Ouch!

First, here's the "new and improved sprite sheet".

Now for the changes:
  • Toon Link's hair is even bigger to match his wind waker appearance.
  • Toon Link is 1 pixel taller (amazing right?)
  • Toon Link's eyes or more "toonish".
  • Toon Link's Ears, Nose, and shoes are slightly smaller.
  • Toon Link's hat is bigger...? Yeah, that's about right.
  • Toon Link's er... buckle thingamajig is yellow and looks ever so slightly different.
  • Last but not least: the bottom of Toon Link's shoe is yellow to match how it is in Wind Waker.
Here's an addition but I'll still call it a change cus I can. Tongue
  • New "3 colors" palette... cause you guys kept pointing it out and it makes since cus nes limitations so uhhh yee there you go whoop-de-doo (It's ugly Sad ).
Here are some errors I fixed:
  • The Cross on the Big Shield (You're probably saying: "Yeah Serious The "Big Shield" IT'S CALLED THE MAGICAL SHIELD YOU DUNCE  Angery " and I don't blame you for that) is now yellow on ALL sides.
  • The space between the Boomerang and the... explosion bits after killing an enemy with the launched sword (" Angery Angery Angery Angery Angery Angery ") is now 2 pixels instead of one.
Here's the "to-do list":
  • Make the "3 colors" palette look actually decent.
  • Make the "wooden sword" look like the Hero's Sword from Wind Waker (I HOPE I GOT IT RIGHT).
  • Change the palette to match Link's original palette (No idea why I changed it) And also change the hair color into the yellow from the Triforce.
  • Make the "explosion bits" look better.
That's a lot... AND THERE IS STILL MORE!  Defeated
I still have to tell and clarify some things.

"You will probably struggle way more than you should be trying to get the details at least somewhat accurate to what you are aiming for by restricting yourself to the limits of an NES console, let alone the first Zelda."
I like limiting myself because "Limitations breed creativity" and it's fun to find workarounds and make a sprite that cuts corners but still looks great. Oh yeah, for the "You're better off doing it from scratch as opposed to just making an edit." thing. All I can say is: creating TLoZ Styled sprites is NOT my thing.

"I doubt a Toon Link could work at that size and be recognized as a Toon Link. Maybe if you double it up, it could work." If you were making a fan game then maybe it would be fine but when trying to create an accurate representation of what Toon Link would look like if he were to be in the Original TLoZ... yeah you can see where that's going. Besides I kinda suck with a little spriting thing called "Resolution" Ton should know.

FINALLY, I (hopefully) got everything I wanted to get. Shocked Well then, once again feedback is always appreciated and now I'm going to do anything BUT type any more of this already super long post. Now, what should I do, Sleep? That's always good... I might sleep.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
NES Toon-Link - by Serious Spriter - 07-11-2018, 12:26 AM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by Ton - 07-11-2018, 07:07 AM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by OS-PRIME - 07-11-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by Serious Spriter - 07-11-2018, 02:35 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by DioShiba - 07-11-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by Serious Spriter - 07-13-2018, 01:38 AM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by AkumaTh - 07-13-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by Serious Spriter - 07-13-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by DioShiba - 07-14-2018, 01:41 PM
RE: NES Toon-Link - by Serious Spriter - 07-14-2018, 03:16 PM