Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial
Oh... Tried recreating the problem but couldn't. It looks like a display problem. While myself did have an issue with the emulator with no text appearing on the options, that got fixed in the current version.

Try any of these steps:

1) Is the mode correct for the game? If it is Gauntlet that you want to rip from, you need to change it to Mode 0. Sometimes the default one isn't always the correct one. Like the Hyper Sports example in the tutorial, that had to be changed to Mode 0 because default it is to Mode 1.

2) Reinstalling the emulator. Remove the current one and then re-download the emulator. Make sure that its in its own folder and rename to remove [Windows] before extracting.

3) Might be a graphics card/display issue. Check to see if your drivers are okay or that they need updating.

4) Might be a DirectX issue so you might have to check to see if its up to date. The emulator runs on DirectX 9. Then again, you don't need DirectX to use Caprice.

There is an ini file near the emulator and don't load the emulator until the settings are saved. Open up Notepad and load that file in. There are a couple of settings that you could try. One is UseOpenGL so change that to UseOpenGL=1 then save. See if that changes the graphics explorer window. The other setting is ForceGDI however that is reserved for older computers.

5) Might be a resolution problem and this is my gut feeling. Your window is larger than mine and shouldn't have had rows of 30. Now, I don't know what resolution your computer runs at so if you can, go to the edge of the window where that +1 is and then shrink it down.

If your monitor/screen is 1080p, go to the ini file and change what you already have to:

GraphicsExplorerFormLeft=0
GraphicsExplorerFormTop=0
GraphicsExplorerFormWidth=1122
GraphicsExplorerFormHeight=602

(These are my settings)

The sprites look like they are interleaving. An issue that I got ripping Space Harrier and exists for Glider Rider however they were designed like that, not for every game. Personally speaking it should not be like that.

6) This might sound crazy but it might be the discs themselves. If they are in .zip files, the emulator might not read them properly so you would have to extract them.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by Yawackhary - 07-08-2018, 05:20 PM
RE: Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by shadowman44 - 07-13-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by Yawackhary - 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by shadowman44 - 07-16-2018, 02:45 PM
RE: Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by Yawackhary - 07-17-2018, 04:45 AM
RE: Amstrad CPC Ripping Tutorial - by shadowman44 - 07-18-2018, 05:56 AM