Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping files from The Hobbit (2003)
So I've previously been on this site and looked at a thread here: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-30775.html

It appears as if someone else has previously tried ripping files from this game. So I thought this would be a good place to get some information on ripping, but I ran into quite a bit more trouble along the way:

1. The audio files cannot be opened because they appear to be in another type of package file. The files from the audio1.dll/.000 and audio2.dll/.000 extract into folders, each of which contains exactly one file titled ".AUDIOPKG". Upon doing some searching of the file extension, I didn't find anything under .audiopkg, but I DID find some interesting results regarding the .pkg extension, which appears to be another package file on its own, and simply renaming these files to "audio.pkg" doesn't help anything.

2. The image files seem to be under the same case, all stored in folders with exactly one item called ".XBMP". This appears to be some sort of Xbox related media file, which is odd considering the .pkg extension from before seems to correspond to PlayStation.

3. What I assume are the 3d maps and models are all stored as .NPCGEOM, .GEOM, or other such file extensions. Again, I can't find any sort of programs to open these.

I also have access to a ROM of the Gamecube version of this game, but I don't currently have the ROM on my PC so I can't test this on those files, although I assume it would be largely the same.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ripping files from The Hobbit (2003) - by KryxedOff - 07-07-2018, 01:35 PM