Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dumbfounded and Annoyed!
Thank you both of you for the help and pats on the back.

I've narrowed down my "options" to:

Good sound and graphics - use Kega
Use the stylus - PicoDrive

That's how I go about playing the game. My initial intentions of getting the game to work was just to be able to play it and then possibly try to fan-translate it (and later make it easily accessible for others to play) I thought about ripping sprites but because it's in .md/.bin I had no idea how. I already don't know how to rip sprites as is unless there is a literal folder I can open that says "sprites" and they're sitting there as .png or something (I'm very basic). But I am going to take the Sailor Moon Pico games as a learning opportunity for both translating and sprite ripping.

I get boggled easily when it comes to tech.-talk. I appreciate any and all help in this scenario. I am thinking about making a thread later for input on the Sailor Moon Tokimeki game translation process, as I would like community feedback.

Thank you again puggsoy and Yawackhary!

(06-23-2018, 07:35 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Don't feel dumb, it's not obvious at all. The only reason I tried it is because I know most emulators support loading from zip, this is the first I've seen that requires it though. Anybody could have made the same mistake Smile

I did notice that the sound was pretty atrocious, but I thought that might just be the quality of the system (I'm unfamiliar with it myself). Hopefully this should help with ripping the sprites though?

I noticed that in Kega, the sampling can be changed between 22050Hz and 44100Hz. It was automatically set to 44100Hz and it sounds great. I doubt the PicoDrive is sampled at that. If there were a way to make property changes or configurations that'd be the end of the problem. I might also attempt to rip the music.

Thank you very much for the assurance!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-22-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by puggsoy - 06-22-2018, 07:48 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-22-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by puggsoy - 06-23-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by Yawackhary - 06-23-2018, 06:01 PM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-23-2018, 10:33 PM