Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Obscure Game Boosting Thread
Hate to make an example out of you here, but it sounds like you've read the rules and have a basic idea what not to do outside the request board. Nonetheless:
(06-16-2018, 06:40 PM)titleknown Wrote: Since I'm not quite a ripper, but I do wanna contribute, I thought I might as well start a thread where we showcase obscure games with potentially rippable models. Not quite a request thread, but a showvase, so maybe folks who haven't heard of 'em might stumble upon 'em and see if they want to rip 'em.

What you're basically saying here is:
(06-16-2018, 06:40 PM)titleknown Wrote: Since I'm not quite a ripper, but I do wanna contribute
"Hey guys I want to contribute but I don't know how, so..."
(06-16-2018, 06:40 PM)titleknown Wrote: thought I might as well start a thread where we showcase obscure games with potentially rippable models.
"...let me create a topic where we discuss games that we [users who do not know how to rip and are not interested in learning] like that users who know how to rip [who also like these games] want to do it instead for us [the collective community]."

The moment you begin to suggest games that should be ripped, is when the post becomes a request. While your initial intention is "I'm helping!" this...isn't really helping, and by satisfying a suggestion in this thread, other users will begin to dogpile and request the game they want to see, quickly turning this into a requests thread.

I'll save you the embarassment and complications that go along with it and just close the topic to prevent any further issues. Just consider this a verbal warning - no matter how you butter up a topic asking for certain titles to be ripped, you're still asking for someone to do the legwork for you and that's when it becomes a request. If you'd really like to make a request and do it the right way, you'll need to be a member for five weeks and make at least fifty posts on the VGR messageboard.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Cooper

Messages In This Thread
Obscure Game Boosting Thread - by titleknown - 06-16-2018, 06:40 PM
RE: Obscure Game Boosting Thread - by Kosheh - 06-17-2018, 08:48 PM