Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How does usage work?
Neutral 
So, I'm kind of new to game programming, and I've toyed around a bit with Unity 3D and what-not, but I'm no artist, so I frequently visit VGResource and look at other company's art, just to remind me how terrible my art skills are.  Cute

Anyways, self-criticism aside, something has always confused me about ripped sprites and when people use those sprites, Fair Usage. 
How exactly does fair usage work?
I've tried looking up related subjects about this kind of thing but nothing seems to be getting through my thick dull skull.
For example, I like stories that involve the viewer as the main character, and they interact with characters from other games, and seeing that in games as in like a visual novel is one of my favorites. However, because I want to make that a thing with the game whose characters I love, I don't know what the consequences could be if I end up using those assets.
Is there a way I could get around using other company's works, or is it just a false hope that I'm just chasing?

Also, side question; This is my first post on here, did I put it in the correct category? I don't know if this was suppose to go into the "Help!" category.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
How does usage work? - by Sci_FireShock - 05-20-2018, 08:19 PM
RE: How does usage work? - by cheat-master30 - 06-18-2018, 05:40 PM
RE: How does usage work? - by Bobsican - 09-15-2018, 06:23 PM
RE: How does usage work? - by hentaiaru - 09-16-2018, 10:46 PM