Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Viel -Ripping Project/Organization/Resources
Information 
As far as I know, Model ripping for this game has been very, VERY hard. There were a few QuickBMS scripts but they only convert the collectibles such as the dreamstones, Any of the characters and level geometry pieces end up as a mess of polygons that are indistinguishable. The only real way of ripping that I know that has worked so far is using older versions of PCSX2 and screencap ripping with a program which I can't remember the name of right off the bat. And even then they had to edit the "screencapped" geomatry and stretch it out as it starts off distorted once you first get it.

I'd really like to have models of the main cast if anything. (Klonoa, Lolo, Popka, Leorina, Tat)

Has anybody around here been trying to work at the weird encryption the models have? I know the QuickBMS script exports them as 3DSMax files but not only does that script not work properly ((apparently it was never even finished)) but it exports all the models as these messed up glorbs to the point they are all unreconizable. The only models that are exported properly are the dreamstones, the main collectibles of the game.

[Image: unknown.png]

There is also a different script by aLuigi himself which just exports all the raw data from the KLDATA.bin, although for each model they all have no proper file extension and there's about 7 different files per model:

[Image: unknown.png]

I have asked for the assistance of RandomTalkingBush and am willing to commission him to properly convert/fix these (or manage to finish up this unfinished script) but that won't be until a later date and if these models still aren't available in like 2 years or so, Nevermind it will probably cost quite a bit considering how hard PS2 stuff is.

I'm uploading the data right now, The fucked up/garbage-exported models and the extracted raw data itself. If anyone can happen to look into this or give some info on them, it would mean a lot not only to me - But the entire Klonoa community. Not straight up requesting as I have a thread still in the requests section ((although it's necro at this point)) and I'm merely asking if someone can look into these files I extracted using said scripts and see if they can make anything out of it. Klonoa 2's format has been unknown for a long, long time.  I know a friend who screwed around with one of the garbage-exported models from the unfinished .3ds conversion script and does have a T-posed Klonoa model ((although it has no proper UV maps or anything though from what he told me.))

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x4q5fdadd9...awdata.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9uqvl4bayr...els%29.zip
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Viel -Ripping Project/Organization/Resources - by SuperMario123311 - 01-31-2018, 11:05 PM