Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to extract files from TyranoBuilder (NWJS, .exe)
Hi,

I noticed the date on this thread, but better late than never (or something like that)

This should work for TyranoBuilder games:

Get arc_unpacker latest stable version from here (tested with 0.11)
Extract it (it's a .zip file, so use 7z, winzip, winrar  etc, I use winrar 5.50 64-bit), and move arc_unpacker.exe and the subfolder "etc" to your game folder (where your game .exe is located)

From here, two ways to proceed, one is to make a bat file (saves time)
- Simply make a new text file in your game folder, open it and type or copy/paste this line:
arc_unpacker --dec=microsoft/exe nameofyourgamefile
In the case of this game it would look like this:
arc_unpacker --dec=microsoft/exe animenovel.exe
Save your text file, and change the extension from .txt to .bat
Run the .bat file (double click it)
Or
- Drag and drop your game file (in this case animenovel.exe) on the arc_unpacker.exe file in your file browser, and wait while it tries to detect the right decoder, it will take time but it will find it (that's why the first method saves time)

Once it's done decoding, you will find a new subfolder in your game folder (in this case named "animenovel~.exe"), with 50 files, you can discard all of them, except the one named "extra_data", that is the actual game content, open it with your unpacking tool (I use winrar 5.50 64-bit as I said, did not try with 7z, winzip etc) and extract the content, and done.

I tried it on 3 games so far, worked on all of them, including this one, but not sure if it will work 100% with all TyranoBuilder games.
Thanked by: [email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to extract files from TyranoBuilder (NWJS, .exe) - by madmanator - 09-08-2018, 07:12 PM