Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to properly rip A Link to the Past stuffs ? (GBA / SNES)
Hello. Tongue

I'm facing a small issue : I've seen that no one seems to have ripped Link's digging sprites from A Link to the Past. So, I've made it, thinking it could be usefull for a lot of people. However, here are two things : 

• First, I've done it on a SNES rom. But the thing is that they are incomplete in this version : developpers only created sprites for 2 directions instead of 4. Why this ? I think we will never know. ^^ The fact is that if you dig while facing to the north or south, it will use a side sprite.
  • Because of this, I though it would be better to do it on a GBA rom. Indeed, they are complete in this version ! 
So, where is the problem ? Well ... In fact, I don't know how to configure the emulator to have proper colors. See : 

[Image: sans-titre-538c0f7.png]

Sprites are good, but the palette isn't. If you compare to  Link's sprites from the SNES version, you will see that every colors are different. 

Does someone knows how to recolor these, so they match with the real palette ? I guess that would be the easiest thing to do (instead of re-ripping everything).

Maybe the issue comes from my PC, I don't really know.

Thanks. Big Grin
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
How to properly rip A Link to the Past stuffs ? (GBA / SNES) - by Someone - 12-03-2017, 06:40 AM