Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Survivalcraft .PAK ripping
Well how do I open other unknown file types besides archives?? How can I get to the point of fully understanding file encoding and formats? How would companies make a program that could open a file with an unknown format? What are all the known ways of opening files with unknown formats/encoding? Do you have to dissect the file format in a hex editor and observe it's properties. Just what are all the ways of opening a unknown format properly?? Would you have to write down the files properties in the source code of an app? This is where I get stuck and confused and don't know where to find the answers to. I know files are made up of hex or ACSII format but I don't know how to understand unknown file formats. Or how to make ways to open these unknown formats. Please show me all the sources and guides possible to help me know and understand these things. PS your quote "Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress" is very inspiring! I just want to gain all the knowledge and understanding of file formats encoding and how to make apps to open/convert unknown formats. Sorry for the boatload of questions!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Survivalcraft .PAK ripping - by SniperDude2745 - 11-10-2017, 10:33 AM
RE: Survivalcraft .PAK ripping - by SniperDude2745 - 11-12-2017, 07:28 PM