Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Here's my (not improved at all) sprite work. One thread now!
Statements like the one you had made in the title of your thread and in the comment in your post is the one thing that irritates the fucking hell out of me with new members when they say their work is shit and they don't want to improve.

So the first part of what I have to say goes to any newcomer who is browsing along this thread.

Literally no one is here to showcase work, in fact if you're doing that just because you're some attention seeking person who wants popularity just for the fact that you made something that you think is cool (when chances are, it really isn't) then you are in the wrong place. Now personally, I highly doubt you are that kind of person because I barely know you so I would personally take a step back from your computer and reflect for just a moment why you want to make any kind of art. Not just pixel art.

-

Ok you reflected for a moment?

Took a chance to breathe?

Good, now for the real point of my post specifically to OP.

If you want to post your work here you have to keep in mind that just because you made something doesn't mean it won't get criticism to help you improve. The fact is that everyone has given you positive feedback but when I look at how you're responding to said feedback in the other thread that you made you come off as someone who doesn't want to learn.

Now here's my advice to you. Learn the foundations of art and stop getting ahead of yourself, learn to draw by hand with a pencil and paper from observation and figure out how to play with colors. Because to be frank I do not think for a minute that you have the ability to handle pixel art (yet), let alone an animation just yet. There is no shame in doing just that and lurking on here in the mean time to see what kind of community we're like.

All art, be it digitally made on a computer or in a sketchbook go hand in hand. One can not exist without the other. I'm not just saying this because I'm an animator who occasionally goes around on here giving advice to my people in my spare time but as someone who has a degree in visual arts for my associates. And this is all in the while I am getting a BFA in what I want to do because animation regardless of how you do it is the most exhilarating field for me, and it's one I am passionate about so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about in terms of having a grasp of a few concepts into this.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's my (not improved at all) sprite work. One thread now! - by DioShiba - 11-03-2017, 05:59 PM