Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Emulation for Screenshotting/Sprite Capturing Purposes
Question 
Hi folks--first time spriter here. There are some NES games I'm looking to obtain sprites from. The main method I plan to use for now is using screenshots from an NES emulator (VirtuaNES). But I don't want to have to actually play through these games all the way again when all I'm looking to do is just to pick up a bunch of sprites (The Lost Levels and Zelda II would particularly be annoying to play through)--that and I can't play worth a squat on a computer keyboard anyway.

So are there ways to just cruise through emulation versions of games to pick up screenshots that I need? Maybe a cheat code to make my character invincible/able to hover through stages, something like that?

Also, while I know I can pick up many of the sprites here on this website (and I have downloaded quite a few sheets), I'd prefer to do it myself simply because I've noticed some mistakes on certain sheets, plus I never know if a sprite sheet is using the exactly correct palette, etc.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Game Emulation for Screenshotting/Sprite Capturing Purposes - by TheRewster - 10-08-2017, 05:52 PM