Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files
(06-26-2017, 12:09 PM)Abis47 Wrote: Back again,

I delved further into the SAS and SCP files in folders such as E03C and E98C. From what I could find all of the archives contain the same audio files for some reason (Like high pitched player character grunts and ambient SFX) with some differences. One other thing to mention is these archive contain duplicates of the same sound files within their respective archives. I don't know if this has any relation to the streams function you mentioned. I believe the ROM I was using was from the European release. I downloaded what I believe is the North American release to see if there would be any differences. No luck.

You mentioned some of the files might be compressed with ZLIB and RVWS. I have no idea what that is(I briefly tried looking it up). Do you think there is any other way to further access them? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, again I have little to no experience with accessing files within games this sort of way. Thank you for your help.

To anybody looking to extract the audio from this game, you can do this on the PS2 ISO! You need to extract the modules/data from the game using any old PS2 ISO extractor, I used Apache3, and then you need can use "ADPCM Player v1.44h" to scan the .SAS files and it will pull out all of the SFX, Music and Dialogue (which isn't individual files but rather single files for each cutscene).

These are all in stereo so on ADPCM you will need to set the interleave to 8000, set the frequency to 48000 and set the number of channels to 2. These settings work for most things, but you may need to tweak things a little for music (some of these are at a different frequency) and possibly group audio.

This eluded me for years so I hope it is of some use to others!

Cheers,
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files - by fudge - 10-18-2022, 02:04 PM