Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files
Mini-update:

- The *.SCP files contain sounds too (sounds more like SFX to me).
- The *.SAS are most likely ambience files, but I will still check them of course. So both are sound archives, but they have no correlation with one another. The *.SCP's have these RVWS files I'm figuring out how to extract right now.

Update #2:

The *.SCP archives may sometimes contain smaller archives that then contain the streams (It's dependent upon the archive's magic word). These are the *.RVWS's I was talking about earlier. It seems that SCP archives that begin with "LRTC" are already an RVWS file in disguise, and are read as the same. For now, I've implemented a script to extract the SCP archives that contain these *.RVWS's, and I'm currently investigating these ones for now. BMS Script for the SCP's that have multiple RVWS':
Code:
idstring "COTS"
getdstring NULL 0x18
get FCOUNT long
getdstring NULL 0x18

savepos CUR_OFF

for i = 0 < FCOUNT
get FNOFF long
get OFFSET long
get SIZE long
getdstring SKIP 0x14 //Will figure out later
savepos CUR_OFF
goto FNOFF
get NAME string
string NAME += ".RWVS"
log NAME OFFSET SIZE
goto CUR_OFF
next i

It as well seems that sometimes, there are no audio in these new archives. I don't know why, but I see compressed ZLIB data, so I'd assume some sort of text is down below. If anyone else is willing to take this further please feel free.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping Lord of the Rings the Third Age sound files - by Pingus! - 06-19-2017, 04:17 PM