Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Donkey Kong Country custom/edited sprites
Hello everybody. I've got a ton of custom DKC sprites that I've been working on since 2011.

Anyway, I'd posted here before, but I feel like now they're ready to be added, potentially. I've not really messed with them for a while, and I'm still happy with them, so I think they are "finished" for now. I do realize that my edits are not perfect. This is an incredibly tough thing to do. Basically, I take bits and pieces of existing sprites and combine them together and fit them together as best I can to make them into a new sprite. I do that over and over to create the whole animation. From there, I tweak it until I feel like it's as good as it's going to get. I am not creating anything from scratch with these, they are all made from pre-existing sprites. With Kiddy Kong being the one with the fewest number of sprites, his edits are the most difficult. Please try to take into consideration the fact that these take me hours to do a single animation. Again, I realize they aren't perfect, but it's what I can make given what I've got to work with. My goal was to make all of the Kongs compatible with all of the games (so for instance, honey walls only appear in DKC2, so DK and Kiddy don't have animations for using them).

I've been helping out with a custom project, DKC4 The Kong's Return. All of my custom sprites are always seen first at the DKC-Atlas, then once I've gotten them to where I'm satisfied, they go to my DeviantArt page (I'm not like an "active" user, it's just a good place to keep everything in one spot). I also do custom levels, but I won't upload any of those here.

I'm going to start small here and not post everything at once. To start, here is DK.

[Image: donkey_kong_custom_sprites_by_phyreburnz-dbc12rh.png]

Some of the animations in action:
On Squawks
[Image: dk_on_squawks_by_phyreburnz-d7u3pcs.gif]
Floating in wind
[Image: dk_floating_by_phyreburnz-d7jztye.gif]
Horizontal rope
[Image: donkey_kong_new_horizontal_rope_animatio...6r6pq6.gif]
Down two ropes
[Image: dk_down_two_ropes_by_phyreburnz-d7jzt5e.gif]
Up two ropes
[Image: dk_up_two_ropes_by_phyreburnz-d7jzv3c.gif]
One rope to two
[Image: dk_one_rope_to_two_by_phyreburnz-d7bo3c3.gif]
Bleak/Sideshow
[Image: dk_bleak_sideshow_dkc3_animations_by_phy...8yyvzz.gif]
With bass for end target DKC2
[Image: dk_with_bass_by_phyreburnz-d7u3pjt.gif]
I'll submit more sheets at a later time. I would like to submit my custom sprites to TSR if they are willing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Filler, Hiynastrike

Messages In This Thread
Donkey Kong Country custom/edited sprites - by Phyreburnz - 06-08-2017, 06:15 PM