Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Eccy's 2D Spritesheet Galleria: T.M.N.T: Kickin It Old School!!!
(05-31-2017, 06:29 AM)puggsoy Wrote: You're on the right track; however, you've made a pretty big mistake. This sprite has anti-aliasing and intermediate opacity, in which case it should not have an opaque background. Just look what happens when I colour-select and remove magenta:

See what I mean? Even ignoring the obvious issues with the edges, his shadow in the third character select portrait is merged with the background, meaning you can't isolate it.

For these kind of sheets you'll just want to use a purely transparent background. Alternatively, you could do something like this (each frame of an animation isolated and in a consistent bounding-box), but with transparency instead of pink. That might make it easier to animate, just a completely transparent background is fine though.

Apart from that point the sheet looks great though Smile

OMFG, it's hideous... That thing should be burned at the stake, for crimes against my eyes. LMAO.

Thanks so much for pointing that out. I've fixed up the sprite sheet in the original post. The reason why I used filled in the transparency is because I recall reading somewhere, that is was preferred on tSR. Now, I'm slapping myself because I should've noticed the anti-aliasing issue that you pointed out. If this sheet is now up to snuff, I'll work on Mikey, Raph, Foot Ninja and Kraang this arvo! Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eccy's 2D Spritesheet Galleria: T.M.N.T: Kickin It Old School!!! - by Ecelon - 05-31-2017, 07:38 PM