Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
generation design: talk about that stanky GAMECUBE
vg generations. been thinkin' a lot about generations of the good ol video gabes and i gotta get up on my soapbox. specifically the Nintendo GameCube home videogaming device and her baby sister, the Nintendo Game Boy Advance handheld portable videogaming device n their spot in gaming

like. character design was so good back then. check it:

[Image: 0e7527a23ca8a9b10e35cadf522dfbf2.jpg]
Giftpia's character design (while never reaching the US) was very period. a lot of PS2 games had similar aesthetics! theres something 'alt' about it i wouldnt have appreciated the first time around

[Image: 66409-Super_Mario_Sunshine-1.jpg]
[Image: 66410-Super_Mario_Sunshine-7.jpg]
mario game with no goombas. no good ol koopas. peach in a new dress with a ponytail. blobby tropical islanders in hula skirts and shells. everything was so new!! we werent clinging to nostalgia here. windwaker killed off old hyrule. mario saved delfino. pokemon went to a gritty desert riddled with gang crime. fucked up if true

[Image: 468px-Korok-windwaker.png]
[Image: akashy.jpg]
obviously wind waker u heckin' idiot!! the design was very cartoony and took a lot of influence from pacific cultures, as did a lot of the era (super mario sunshine, maori tribal tattoos, lilo n stitch, etc). characters had some weird looks! snot nose kiddo. old man with exposed ribs n a gut. there was something gritty behind the bright zaniness

[Image: Jadow-Viewtiful-Joe.jpg]
viewtiful joe took the design of fox kidz action cartoons (tmnt, thos shark bois, biker mice, etc) and gave it a new cel-shaded comic book look (full circle???)

thats a couple!! if u wanna kinda muse on the subject then Heck Yeah im just v stoked about the gamecube (also the gba but im focusing on the gamecube)
Thanked by: ~Axis~

Messages In This Thread
generation design: talk about that stanky GAMECUBE - by Sengir - 05-27-2017, 11:42 AM