Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping from Unity Engine games.
3D Modelling 
I'm not the best at explaining things but here we go, I also like to use images.

Grab AssetStudio

1. Exporting Models

Go to the Unity Game's Folder GAMENAME_Data / StreamingAssets / any folder containing the asset bundles.
File > Load File/Folder select the file/folder with the assets you wish to open.
Use the Scene Hierarchy to export models, select the model you want to export. Or just use the "Model > Export All Objects (Split/Merge)" option and look through'em with Noesis
Once Selected go to Model > Export Selected Objects (Split/Merge). They export in FBX version 7.5 by default which you can choose which version you want to export as "Options > Export Options" FBX Version 7.1 seems to work best for me, and if none of those versions work with your preferred program you can use Noesis to convert to dae. You may need to select "FlipUVs" when converting with Noesis.
1.25 Seemingly Pre-Posed Models
If you encounter this issue with converting AssetStudio's FBX's to DAE via Noesis, find an FBX version that works with your preferred program (7.1 works for me in Blender 2.7) and just reset the Scale of the Armature and Mesh, then the location and rotation of the bones, This has worked with the few models I've tested it with.

You could also export the Animator asset in the Asset List this is sometimes the only way to export a model with rigging.

Or you could just export the mesh from the asset list which doesn't export the rigging. Sad

1.5. Ripping Model with Animations
Similar to the above, difference is selecting the AnimationClips related to the model you're exporting then Model > Export Selected Objects (Split/Merged) + Selected AnimationClips, you could also just select the AnimationClips with the Animator and do Export > Animator + Selected AnimationClips and depending on how the game stores them, simply exporting the Animator works too.

2. Exporting Textures, Sprites, and Sounds

Usually exporting the model also exports the textures, but sometimes it doesn't export the correct textures.

Go to the Asset List, find and select the Texture(Texture2D)/Sprite(Texture2D/Sprite)/Sounds(AudioClip) you wish to export, then go to Export > Selected Assets

3. Compressed/Cached Assets

Some games have their assets compressed as .unity3D / .assetbundles / .bundle / .asset /, or in a "StreamingAssets" folder, and sometimes without a file extension open the asset up in a hex editor to see if it has the "UnityFS" or "UnityWEB" Header then you can continue.

Go to the Cache/Unity3D folder other than the cache, this is different for most games. You can find the cache data in User/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/Cache. Cache assets files are usually named __Data. Extract Folder won't detect anything without a file extension.
File > Extract Bundle/Folder then select the Unity3D/__data file/folder you wish to decompress.
It should spit out a asset_name.unity3D_unpacked folder with a CAB-NameOfAsset file inside, then just repeat the processes above.

For mobile games it's the same, however the directory and files are a little different. Assets > Bin > Data instead of GAMENAME_DATA, or if it uses an OBB just rename the OBB to .zip and unzip it.

Congrats! Now you (Hopefully) know how to rip from Unity Engine games!
[Image: R8qna9Q.gif]

Messages In This Thread
[Tutorial] Ripping from Unity Engine games. - by Hallow - 05-26-2017, 04:57 AM
.resources Files - by starshinygirl123 - 01-27-2020, 02:44 PM