Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Miles art thread
This is definitely an improvement from your art in the past, but there's one thing that's bugging me. Thinking Anyone can put clothes on a mannequin.
(I do have to commend you on giving the boy sharper features and the girl more rounded ones, though. I still have trouble with this and my men come out looking really feminine)

Part of breaking out an artist is breaking out of your comfort zone. It's like eating sushi for the first time - there's a whole menu of sushi out there, but most people just stick with California rolls and consider that "adventurous"
(I don't know if that's a thing where you live, but it's a maki roll containing cucumber, imitation crab, and avocado. In America, this is what most people consider "sushi")
Front-facing people is the California roll of art. Everybody does it, and it's pretty easy.
Alternatively, if the phrase "baby steps" means to take very small risks to avoid damage control, you're shuffling your feet, lol. Like...you're starting out way too simple here.

If it's any relief, most people here on VGR cannot draw a realistic person (or even cartoon) without some frame of reference. Looking at a picture and drawing it, or drawing from life isn't cheating by any means. I feel like you probably? used a reference to draw the girl character's hair - and that's fine - but feel free to use a reference to draw the rest of the body, or a pose that you like.

What I'm saying is
* Kosheh digs into your other thread, pulls out image to make a point

[Image: practicing_anatomy__2_by_milesthecreator-dawzyol.png]
This exercise means nothing if you don't understand how the circles work together to form a human figure.

Move those balls on strings around and create some interesting poses!

Take that drawing exercise with the balls on strings and move them around to a pose you find on Google, or from an art book, or from life. The purpose of that exercise is to understand the very basics of how to draw a person. If you want to just draw balls on strings for a little while so you get the hang of what they're supposed to do, that's fine - but realize those balls are meant to represent joints or an important part of the body, and this all should click into place quicker than you might realize.

** Also, I just realized looking at your ball exercise and how you draw. You're probably doing this in Photoshop. Make that blue ball-on-strings figure a layer in Photoshop, and then draw your person over that layer.
You're probably doing that already though but I figured I'd mention it just in case it didn't occur to you lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: MilesTheCreator

Messages In This Thread
Miles art thread - by MilesTheCreator - 05-17-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: Miles art thread - by MilesTheCreator - 05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
RE: Miles art thread - by Kosheh - 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: Miles art thread - by MilesTheCreator - 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: Miles art thread - by DioShiba - 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Miles art thread - by MilesTheCreator - 05-18-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Miles art thread - by MilesTheCreator - 05-18-2017, 03:50 PM