Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thoughts about my artstyle.
(05-15-2017, 10:12 AM)1337gamer15 Wrote: Also avoid professors who have a background in the fine arts. Fine artists are generally selfish, making art only for themselves. (or at least to my experience with dealing with them in college)

The best kind of artists make art for other people to enjoy.

Now hold on just a moment.

While I understand that there is no one way to draw which is a point that I agree with (because you're not wrong on that part), I also get what you are trying to say about how some professors will steer you the wrong way. BUT I wouldn't say that all fine artists are that bad. This comes from my perspective since a lot of the things that I've picked up learning from my foundation art classes stem from artists who have a background in fine art.

I think a better way to word this if anyone, including the OP wishes to go to art school ends up dealing with professors that do try to push you into other directions than the one you wish to go in isn't to outright disregard what they have to teach you, because chances are they'll want to teach you a work ethic to keep yourself motivated in the arts. But be careful in which advice you take from them since not all of it will relate to something like say, illustration or animation.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts about my artstyle. - by MilesTheCreator - 05-15-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Gors - 05-15-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by 1337gamer15 - 05-15-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by DioShiba - 05-15-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Kosheh - 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM