Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thoughts about my artstyle.
step 1 for actually getting better at art: suck as much as you need to suck at art. Being bad is the first step to be good at something.
step 2 for actually getting better at art: be resilient and dedicated. Talent does exist, but it means nothing if you don't practice.
step 3 for actually getting better at art: study. Nothing comes out from thin air. Study 3D shapes such as cubes, cylinders, pyramids and cones. Try applying them into human and animal anatomy, and learn proportion. Don't be afraid to use pen and paper to draw. Drawing on computer is alright but the existence of Ctrl+Z will slow down your speed and interpretation.
step 4 for actually getting better at art: art is everything. Draw things that people wouldn't really draw usually, such as different animals, plants you come across, foods and vegetables that you find entertaining, as closely as you can. Try finding shapes within the elements and learn to take proportions by looking at things. It is not an easy task but try it nonetheless. Understanding real proportions and perspective will make stylization of said elements much easier and natural to follow on.

You are using the internet, go out and find anatomy images, like real life people, and try copying it with just your eyes, the best you can. This will be a great starting point to practice some shapes.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts about my artstyle. - by MilesTheCreator - 05-15-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Gors - 05-15-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by 1337gamer15 - 05-15-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by DioShiba - 05-15-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Kosheh - 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM