Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thoughts about my artstyle.
If you have never seen my arts, you may want to take a quick look at my arts:
http://milesthecreator.deviantart.com
(It doesn't have to be ALL my arts, just the recent ones.)

During my 2008-2014, I have been drawing characters without any guidelines and without understanding the fundaments of art and anatomy. Ever since I started posting my arts on the internet, many people told me on how poor my arts looked like.
Then in 2015, I decided to change the way I draw, my drawing looked better but I still have lack of understanding the anatomy.
Beginning from 2017, I have watched a few tutorials and I began with drawing this:
[Image: practicing_anatomy__2_by_milesthecreator-dawzyol.png]
I was happy on how it turned out, but my happiness didn't last long. I didn't notice that I am just drawing the front looking figure, I skipped learning the proportions and skipped advanced anatomy tutorials. I shared my "new" arts and some users noticed the mistakes I did. I was upset that time but after having some thoughts, I realized that it was a big mistake to skip learning more anatomy. But for now, I am confused. I thought to completely refresh my art skills but not sure if I'm supposed to do that or I should just learn more anatomy. The figure above is already looking stiff! Or maybe it needs only tweaks?

I don't force you to choose anything, it's just that I completely lost my motivation to draw more.. I only want your thoughts about my arts. What do you think?

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my main language!)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts about my artstyle. - by MilesTheCreator - 05-15-2017, 06:35 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Gors - 05-15-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by 1337gamer15 - 05-15-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by DioShiba - 05-15-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: Thoughts about my artstyle. - by Kosheh - 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM