Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The 'Shroom
Ended up getting Kosheh interested in a community project I'm a part of, so I'm here to talk about it Smile

The 'Shroom is a collection of community-written monthly news articles that is part of the Super Mario Wiki. It consists of a variety of subjects and projects run by a large number of users from said wiki.

Want to be up to date on the latest projects? The staff is here to tell you.
Are you a part of the wiki, but have no idea what needs to be worked on? We shed some light on articles that need some help.
Need a good laugh or to get away from it all? We have a collection of Fake News written for your enjoyment.
Feel like trying to solves some puzzles? We got some Fun Stuff for you to try.
Curious to see what fan projects users are working on? The Pallet Swap is the place to go.
The Pipe Plaza keeps track of all the recent updates on the forums and wiki-releated events and statistics.
Aren't subscribed to enough review sites? We got reviews aplenty over in Critic Corner.
Stuck on a level and can go no further? We got some strategies you can try out.

This is a rather big community project that's been put together since 2006, a year after the Super Mario Wiki first started, and is still going strong. Users and experienced writers are welcome to sign up for a vacant position and let their knowledge and ideas be shown.

I myself have been writing the Sport Report segment under Fake News since August, where I play a Mario Sports title and write down the play by play. It's... gotten a bit tedious after a while, play-by-plays don't really work well in text, so I'm resigning from that position after this upcoming report and am moving on to the Pipe Plaza and Critic Corner sections.

I'm terrible at explaining things, so if you want to learn more about The 'Shroom, head on over there and click some of the various links. Who knows, you just might find yourself reading and writing something you never thought you would. https://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Main_Page
Thanked by: Kosheh

Messages In This Thread
The 'Shroom - by PowerMaster64 - 03-03-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: The 'Shroom - by Kosheh - 03-03-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: The 'Shroom - by PowerMaster64 - 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM