Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Why am I the only one that played this game?" - Obscure games thread
ahem

Puggsy (puggsoy = Puggsy + a random O, fun story). Best game ever. Well, maybe not, but it was one of the most unique games of my childhood and is my usernamesake. Looking for Puggsy sprites was also how I discovered TSR Smile

It's an old Mega Drive game where you're basically you're a weird alien dude and you have to utilize items to complete levels. At the time the physics system (called Total Object Interaction, apparently) was pretty unique, and you can interact with items in a number of ways. You can pick them up, stack them on top of each other, use them to pull yourself up ledges, and throw them. Some you can also activate (like guns or balloons).

Obviously it didn't take off, proven by the fact that they promised a sequel that never came out Sad I've met just about nobody else, online or otherwise, who has heard of the game, so I'm pretty sure that counts as obscure. I do wish more people would give it a shot though, I've never seen another game like it. The music is also top-notch (although that could just be nostalgia).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Kosheh

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Why am I the only one that played this game?" - Obscure games thread - by puggsoy - 02-23-2017, 07:52 PM