Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Multiverse Mashup Sprite Critique
Hey! I'm new to the forums but I've always been a fan of the site. I'm working on a passion project of mine called Multiverse Mashup. The idea is a Smash Bros-ish mascot party brawler with half-original-half-homage characters from very different universes fighting each other. The look of the project is supposed to be reminiscent of Nintendo published NES era games (like Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus) but with a slightly more modern aesthetic.  I thought it would be a good idea to open up a thread to share my sprites and get some help because what's the creative process without constructive criticism? Anyway any feedback would be much appreciated!

Currently I'm working with a 16 color palette that combines and modifies some colors from this palette by Android Arts and the Japanese Machine Palette (JMP):

Okay this should give you an idea of what I'm going for. I have two characters so far; one character is a cute side scrolling platform mascot while the other is a classic fighting game homage. I don't feel like either character is entirely there yet, and I'm not sure about how well they juxtapose. Again, I would really appreciate any and all kinds of comments. Thanks!

Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
Multiverse Mashup Sprite Critique - by LisGaming - 02-07-2017, 10:21 PM