Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Will Overwatch ever get new male heroes?
(01-31-2017, 10:32 PM)Neon Streak Wrote: What I meant by that comment was that instead of actually taking the time to learn how to make a video game (Which honestly isn't that hard to do considering that there are millions of tutorials online.), many feminists/SJWs/etc. choose to "persuade" game devs to make their games-both current and upcoming-cater to feminist interests (EX: Covering female characters' entire bodies in non-sexualized clothing.).

Now, there are some feminists who do make their own video games...unfortunately, they usually end up being rather lackluster to the average non-feminist gamer (One such example is Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest, if you can even call that a game Unsure ).

Hope this clears things up for you! Wink

Like most industries, they are pretty male heavy. I don't think it's really a feminist thing to want female characters to be more 'real' - ok sure, many Japanese games and 1 on 1 fighters still have highly sexualised female characters BUT other games have got a lot better.

I mean look at Lara Croft - massive stupid tits to a rather realistic built woman. This isn't a 'feminist ruining games' thing - this is game designers being more mature. And the game benefits.

Honestly I cannot be arsed to talk about Zoe Quinn ever again, that conversation has been beaten to death.

Of course, you can still have 'sexualised' female characters who are strong - such as in the Shantae series.

And we can still have super manly characters like in Gears of War.

Character design needs to be respectful. Not particularly to any society set standards - but to the game.

I've always believed that character design of this nature is more about 'not being stupid' rather than 'feminist' etc.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Kosheh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Overwatch ever get new male heroes? - by Goemar - 02-01-2017, 09:15 AM