Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter
Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I've been working on a program to convert NDS models and animations to COLLADA. It outputs vertex colors, joint trees, and skeletal animations. I've been testing it with the games Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Ore wa Omae o Mamoru, where I've had pretty good success. I don't know how much interest there still is in ripping DS games, but I wanted to share it here. Hopefully if all the kinks are ironed out it can be used for submitting models  Smile

apicula
GitHub Page
Latest Build, 64-bit, Windows

I wrote a tutorial on how to use it here, but the short version is that you can follow Mystie's NDS Ripping Tutorial up to the end of step 4, then use apicula to convert the NSBMD files by running

apicula.exe convert <PATH TO NSBMD FILES> -o <OUTPUT DIRECTORY>

at the command line. You can also add any NSBCA files with the NSBMD files to add animations to the models.

Examples

[Image: joint_ex.png]

[Image: godot_ex.gif]

Bugs

The success rate for models is fairly good, but there are definitely still known bugs  Shy  I'll be working to fix some of them for a while. If you find any, you can post about them here. If anyone is familiar with the Nitro SDK formats, you can also see the code on GitHub.

If anyone can test importing the COLLADA files into commercial DCC programs like Maya or 3DS Max, that's be nice too!

Messages In This Thread
NDS model + animation => COLLADA converter - by scurest - 01-29-2017, 06:31 PM