Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Part way to finding a vertex header, need some pointers to go the rest of the way
I'm trying to extract some of the wanzer models from Front Mission 4 but I'm having trouble locating their vertex header either through savestates or individual files. Originally, I couldn't grasp the details of model extraction and tried to leave the effort to the guy from PS23DFormat who did meet with some success- he identified the terrain vertex header and managed to create an unpacker for the games archive. After months of silence, though, it became clear that I couldn't simply sit back and would have to continue on my own. Thus far, I have gone through the xentax guides and cobbled together a basic python script that creates vertices from three consecutive values read in from a file but haven't managed to locate the vertex header for the mechs which I want to extract. I'm at a loss for what my next step should be- I tried to swap parts of the mechs around and then use a file comparison program but so many values changed it wasn't possible for me to locate a header, I tried poking around vertex clouds made form every variant of longs, shorts, and floats in hopes of working backwards but haven't seen anything recognizable. Should I go back to sifting through cheat engine for floats? Alter the range of my python script? Keep looking through the vertex clouds? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Part way to finding a vertex header, need some pointers to go the rest of the way - by Solidus - 01-21-2017, 06:42 PM