Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores
Quote:I'm following your twitter with my own game's account (@Sorcia_Indie). Once I have more stuff done on mine, I'd love your opinion in return. [Image: smile.png]
Sure Smile , and thanks for following my project.

Quote:Reminds me also of old NES sidescrollers
Well, I hope it's better in terms of quality (like NES mostly didn't really have any shading and was kinda simple) Tongue . But I know what you mean with that Big Grin .

Quote:Am I correct in assuming those 2 white boxes will eventually be used for something, like items?
No, actually those are only there for testing purposes Shy . Two debug keys to restart and exit the game, to be exact (because I didn't program a menu yet). Those will most likely later removed, if I can get the pause menu to work Smile .

So, I finally began to work on backgrounds (on this one, I sit like two days up to the current status). I did draw most of the graphics needed for it (still missing animations for it but these come, if a problem is out of the way) by using my concept art (which are new ones in the first post btw.) and even coded it into the game with parallax scrolling. Seems like everything is nice and dandy...

My big problem here however is the colors again... I don't know how I can possibly make the background look like background, while not being completely dark. Also, editing this BG is a pain, since it's made of many parts for the scrolling. So, playing around with these colors will be extra though...

Any ideas or suggestions on how to solve this problem Sad ?

EDIT:
How about this Surprise ? I hope, it's not too dark now (also, excuse me for the poor recording with the windows background there... It was too late until I noticed that Shy ):
EDIT2:
[Image: fungicappani_backgroundwip3.gif]
This is the current result so far... I like it Smile ... how about you guys?
Thanked by: Kold-Virus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fungi Cappani - A platformer with spores - by Hiro-sofT - 01-28-2017, 07:48 PM