Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to hack stuff thread idea
I've been talking about this on the Discord but I figured I'd make a thread about this so everybody can see it.

I've been thinking about making a thread where I teach people about things like how bytes work, how they make up files, and generally some things that's good to have under your belt if you want to hack or otherwise mess around with stuff. It wouldn't be anything too specific, maybe I'd use examples but it would aim to be very general, rather than going specifically into PS2 or NDS formats. It could be useful even if you're not interested in game hacking/ripping at all, and are just curious about this sort of thing.
However, it's not just a regular tutorial thread. The reason I want to make people aware about it is because it'll be interactive. The idea is, each week I write a post that covers a certain topic, and then during that week people can ask questions, discuss it, make sure they understand it, etc. This makes it a bit more interactive and fun, and more of a two-way learning experience. This way it should be easier to follow, and be a bit more fluid than when you're trying to follow and understand a standard tutorial.
It would probably go in the Game Development section (unless someone thinks it fits better here), but you obviously don't have to be interested in game development or know any kind of programming. I would aim this towards the typical computer user, so you wouldn't even have to have ripped anything (although that probably helps a bit).

So yeah, I'm making this thread here to see who might be interested in it, and to know what you guys think.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
How to hack stuff thread idea - by puggsoy - 12-31-2016, 02:20 AM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by Kriven - 12-31-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by Kosheh - 12-31-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by Pingus! - 12-31-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by puggsoy - 12-31-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by Garamonde - 12-31-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by Garamonde - 12-31-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by puggsoy - 01-01-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by miyabi95_ - 01-01-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: How to hack stuff thread idea - by puggsoy - 01-15-2017, 09:50 PM