Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items
(12-18-2016, 09:56 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: They are useful for people who really want to have some tiles or sprites from this game for their own projects and can invest some time to figure everything out. But for assembling palettes, etc. you really need a gamer who takes his time looking into the details. Anyway, thanks for sharing these materials.

Pretty sure you did not use PSX-VRAM (making quicksaves with epsxe, rename file extension to .rar, unzip and drag them into the PSX-VRAM window) due to everything being separated and perfectly cut. Which tool were you using? PSicture?

No worries! Yep I can see your point. 

The VRAM method was too time consuming for me, so I researched other ways of going about getting the raw sheets. PSicture wasn't very successful, but it did find character artwork used in box art and advertisements at the time, which in turn led me to PSound that I needed to rip the SFX from Alundra (trying to locate the jump and land sound from 1450 samples was even more painful than identifying correctly colored sheets!). 

But yeah, the tilesets were created by running epsxe through 3DreaperDX while using the plugin Next3d 1.5 to allow the sheets to be readable in 3DreaperDX. It only pulls textures/pallets from sheets that are displayed on screen (hence the missing sprites from areas that I didn't visit), but it will pull the whole sheet. I guess it's similar to the VRAM method but without the fuss and is autonomous. You just have to play and leave it running.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items - by alphaflux - 12-19-2016, 08:41 AM