Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items
(12-17-2016, 08:14 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: Everytime you make a find, add the correct palette to all elements and submit it in small chunks or else you make the same mistake as I did years ago. If you take a look at the Alundra section, me and Tantrix submitted almost everything in it. A good portion of our old rips is garbage because some palettes are wrong and sheets are incomplete because you need to play the game, get context from the things you see and check if anything is missing.

You just linked a bunch of garbled mess from the VRAM and want people to figure out if there are any correct palettes despite they have never played the game or can't remember because the game is so big. And yes, nearly every VRAM sprite/tileset bunch in Alundra needs more than one palette, because single elements might have different colours. This also applies to pretty much all PSX games.

This gets even more interesting when tiles/sprites have different palettes which are not obviously false-coloured, but MIGHT fit. And when you have like 5 or 6 of them, how do you want other people to apply the fitting palettes? As said before, you need to play the game, make savestates to go back if neccessary and look at the stuff you rip before you can do anything.

Yep, i noticed the hard work you guys did putting everything together and the current sheets are perfect, so props to you, tantrix and dazz. 

I do know the game like the back of my hand and would be able to identify 80-90% of the correctly palleted items in a sheet, but I shared here as I don't have the time personally to go through them all, which in retrospection I guess isn't all that useful. Just to clarify, this wasn't an attempt to get someone else did the work for me, I submitted because I got the sheet i needed and the rest were just sitting here collecting dust! Figured someone might be able to use them.
Thanked by: Dazz

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items - by alphaflux - 12-17-2016, 12:34 PM