Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items
I recently ripped a seriously large amount of Alundra sprites as a lot of the textures, objects and characters aren't available online anywhere. I don't have everything, but I have a lot of missing resources.

The problem is they are the raw sheets that were used in conjunction with pallet swaps to save space, so some sheets just look like a garbled mess when in fact there are one or two correctly colored sprites in every sheet (not sure if this is the norm or just Alundra using this method, it's my first rip). 

I have zipped them and put them into folders to align with the color pallet selection, so if it's a character sheet with garbled colours but with a perfect coloured interactive object, it will be in objects. Same for all other folders (go easy, I will have missed some for sure. Ice pillars have gone somewhere...).

So yeah, here is the link for any enthusiastic sprite sheet organizers out there, all in glorious 256x256, unedited, transparent .png format!  B)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fupkqjc49us1bs...s.rar?dl=0

and also a no signup download for those without/don't want DB (the dropbox link will be kept alive, filedropper lasts for 30 days inactivity i think)

http://www.filedropper.com/alundradirectrips

[Image: 6b63842e.png]

p.s. There are some interesting things that turned up from the rip. First of all it seems Lurvy was intended to play a bigger role. There is a broken sword, a broken bow and presumably a broken flail (no spikes). Based on the fact that he has a half finished character portrait also tells me that he was likely set to repair all these broken items on a regular basis.

[Image: b1e72b23.png]

On top of this you will find 2 pairs of gloves (presumably for small stones and large like zelda), 4 rings (greater HP regen and greater attack boost (both working in game via editing and are called Oak's Ring (wrong icon) and Refresher Ring)) and 2 Armlets (presumably greater def boost).

For weapons there are 6 swords, 5 bows, 4 Flails.

And last but not least, 2 key items, a bone and a wrapped up gift.

Also magic recharge was intended at some point to drop from grass/enemies along with a small bag (contains a random consumable?) and a middle health regen, all this stuff was cut somewhere along the line.

I haven't heard mention of this stuff anywhere else (even on the main Alundra wiki) so I figured I would break it down for anyone interested.

Have fun  Wink
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
PSX Alundra massive rip in .png with transparency (450+ sheets) and cut items - by alphaflux - 12-14-2016, 09:21 PM