Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More of a question than a request
(12-06-2016, 01:24 AM)Clocksmasher Wrote: I have to say, I don't know what I expected as a response. It looks like a myriad of coding and 3D modeling knowledge that I would probably need to take a college course to understand. That is to say, I hope you don't find me the whining sort when I mention that. It's just pretty overwhelming, and seems there's really no simple solution to it. For instance, and from what I understand, Filler hinted that I need to know the exact mesh measurements to determine what's smaller than that, so the collision model doesn't eat up so much memory. That could take months of research due to my poor learning ability.

But I won't be thankless for your help. Hopefully this information will be at the end of a fruitful Google search for somebody.

I understand how you feel. Everyone including me who has worked Source are going through this process. Source may look complicated at first, but as you learn more about how the Source Engine works, it's actually not too hard. All I can say is just take your time to read the Valve Developer Wiki, so that you can understand more about how the Source Engine works.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: More of a question than a request - by Filler - 12-05-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: More of a question than a request - by Filler - 12-05-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: More of a question than a request - by Yunpol - 12-05-2016, 10:58 PM
RE: More of a question than a request - by Filler - 12-05-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: More of a question than a request - by Yunpol - 12-06-2016, 12:32 AM
RE: More of a question than a request - by Yunpol - 12-06-2016, 01:39 AM