Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SonicStorm478's Sprite Thread
After a long absence of about two years or so(!) I'm finally back with a new sprite rip.

Breath of Fire III:

Character Portraits

Notes on this rip:

This was relatively easy to rip overall. I ripped each character by placing them in the party member reserve (which is, as far as I know, the only way to see their full face portraits without a border covering most of it.) There were, however, three characters that you cannot do this with normally: Ryu, Teepo and Young/Teenage Rei.

Teepo and Teenage Rei are never able to be put in reserve because you lose them before you're ever given the chance to do so, meanwhile Ryu can't be put into reserve because the game does not allow you to take him out of the active party.

The solution? Character modifier codes that I found on YouTube.

With it, I added Nina to the party after Rei leaves to kill the Nue. She kicks Teepo into the reserve, which was how I ripped his full face portrait. Curiously, there was another Ryu in the reserve, which I didn't mind because it made it so I could rip Child Ryu rather easily.

I followed similar steps for Teenage Rei by adding him back into the party after he leaves, again bumping Teepo into reserve, I then switched Rei and Teepo, which caused Teenage Rei to be put into reserve, therefore allowing me to rip his portrait too.

Adult Ryu was the one that gave me the most trouble. Putting characters over him with the code simply bumped him into a different spot in the active party. I then decided to try something else. Using the modifiers, I put Teepo back into the party in all active member slots so that there were three Teepos. I then looked into the reserve screen and saw Adult Ryu there, finally allowing me to rip his portrait.

All in all, an easy rip with a few hiccups along the way as per usual. I hope everyone enjoys this rip, I've got a few more still pending as of this post, so stay tuned!
"You know what they say... The more, the merrier!"
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
SonicStorm478's Sprite Thread - by SonicStorm478 - 11-08-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: SonicStorm478's Sprite Thread - by SonicStorm478 - 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: SonicStorm478's Sprite Thread - by break - 09-08-2020, 07:16 PM