Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Python programming
i don't know if i'm making much sense but here goes

I've recently read more and more on Python (3) and I really like it.
So far I've only done stuff one might consider 'simple' and my input/output consists of text only - and by text I mean inputting text that gets transformed into numbers; integers or floats, or strings, lists or other types. Manipulating these makes for a great exercise in data manipulation but ultimately I'm stuck with text and text only with everything happening in the Terminal.
My endgame is displaying and manipulating real binary files. Instead of inputting text to terminal and dicking around with whatever I can make out of that data, I want to use the same tricks but for inputting real files, reading them as hex or binary values and displaying real graphics, and by graphics I don't mean PNG images or stuff like that, but graphics where I explicitly tell how the graphics should be formed, 1D tiles, RGBA, 4bpp, RLE - you know, explaining how the format works to a computer.

There obviously isn't a Python library/framework/module/whatever explicitly for ROM hacking or Sprite-related things and right now I'm looking into pyglet. I just want to know if I'm shooting myself in the ass.
What are some programming paradigms and what's good practice when dealing with binaries?
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Python programming - by Raccoon Sam - 10-31-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Python programming - by puggsoy - 10-31-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 10-31-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Python programming - by Raccoon Sam - 10-31-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 10-31-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: Python programming - by puggsoy - 11-01-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: Python programming - by DragonDePlatino - 11-01-2016, 02:00 PM