Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Which one should I buy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
New Nintendo 3DS!
0%
0 0%
New Nintendo 3DS XL!
100.00%
9 100.00%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Nintendo 3DS vs New Nintendo 3DS XL- which to buy?
Exclamation 
Hello,

I acknowledge that this is not a very important topic to discuss, but recently I came around this two consoles at a prettty good offer. I need one of them in order to simplify some of my "projects" regarding ripping the 3DS, and do some streams.

Here I will display some info for comparison.
Both prices I found are in the country's currency, but I will change to an average rate of € to make it easy for you.

New 3DS- 300RON- 60€
New 3DS XL- 500 RON- 100€

If you don't know the specs, look it up. 
N3DS has swappable faceplates (can be made of interesting types of materials, like wood plastic, glossy, great if you drop it and has some scratches), sharper imagery, higher portability, Super Famicom-like buttons for XABY, stable hinge when open/close, cheaper price tag.
The N3DS XL has bigger screen (great for me and other people's eyes), a more mature look and nicer material, bigger battery life, big size, great for my large hands and future usage of the ZL/ZR buttons.

(I don't know which one of them I would get will have a TN screen- consumes less battery, image is a bit smudgy, or an IPS screen - clear image contrast on any angle, great for super stable 3D, at the price of battery life. I don't care that much as long as I can play the games normally and I can do my suff. Do you guys care that much which is which?)

Here is a link to test your 3DS screen on your browser (max brightness, no auto-brightness mode is recommended!)
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
On IPS screens you shouldn't be able to see the outline of the black squares until number 8 and up. On TN screens the squares should become apparent at 4 and up.

So, what do you guys think? I could get the normal N3DS right now as I have the money, and my birthay is coming close, or I could wait and gather a bit more for the N3DS XL one, getting it possibly on Christmas. Either one, I would mostly choose black. The sooner the response, the better, the stocks are limited!
FINAL UPDATE:
This is it. I finally got the Monster Hunter Generations Edition. Worth it for half the price, barely even used, notably new, glossy covers, but accompanied by a fabric cover. Thank you all so kindly for all your dedicated time to answer my questions. Have a happy gaming!

Regards,
//✩drot
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
New Nintendo 3DS vs New Nintendo 3DS XL- which to buy? - by Adrot - 10-30-2016, 04:07 AM