Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread
When I started playing Mass Effect, I created Samus Aran Shepard. That's just because I'm a huge fan of Metroid and it's the closest thing I can get to a Samus Aran played by Jennifer Hale that does more than yelp when falling in lava. Totally worth it.

Games with set protags, I don't really care too much about whether or not the protagonist shares my gender. Metroid is my favourite series and it stars probably the most prominent female game hero ever. I also really enjoy the Bayonetta and Shantae games.

Beyond that, in cases of both-genders-play-the-same-just-pick-one gameplay, it's more of a visual design thing. I play the female Inkling in Splatoon and I generally pick female Robin in Smash 4, but I always pick the male character in any Pokemon game because I never really cared for any of the female player designs.

And of course, if the gameplay is different between genders, then it's a matter of preference for gameplay. If I prefer the male characters' gameplay, I'll play as them. (Viewtiful Joe in VJ2, for example. Hated what they did to Silvia in that game.) If I prefer the female characters' gameplay, I'll pick them instead. (Melia's my favourite character to play as in Xenoblade. Too bad AI Shulk's such an idiot I only really play as her when doing quests or grinding.)
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread - by Zero Kirby - 10-06-2016, 07:09 PM