Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread
I'm the same when playing Darkstalkers. The other character I play is Lord Raptor because it's nice to see an Aussie in a game.
With Metal Slug, I usually pick Fio over the rest of the cast. It gets boring playing as Marco or Tarma.
And I got into games like Shantae and Hyper Dimension Neptunia. Mostly because I like the character designs and the games are really fun.
But the first game I did play with a female character was Epic Games' overlooked breakthrough hit, Jill of the Jungle.
[Image: BQbEqB5.gif]
A neat little platformer made in 1992 for DOS. Came in three episodes, which was the thing PC games did back then. with the first chapter being shareware while you had to buy the other two or, for certain games, buy the full thing with all episodes.
Jill's leotard also came in three different colours depending on the episode you played. EP1: Green EP2: Red EP3: Blue.
Wish they would rerelease this game instead of only caring about the Unreal series. Your only option for now is abandonware sites

There's some male characters I like due to how they were designed, such as Duke Nukem who is a parody of manly action movie characters.
He's over the top macho, Women love him. One of the funny things is how his autobiography is named "Why I'm So Great".
So yeah, the series isn't really to be taken seriously. Which is why I wish modern first person shooters would be more like the classics.
- Blake Stone: Sci-fi secret agent fighting an evil criminal mastermind and his army of mutants and aliens.
- Heretic/Hexen: Fantasy series in a shared universe involving villains known as the Serpent Riders.
- Redneck Rampage: Two hillbilly brothers (one smart, one stupid) fighting an army lead by an alien dominatrix with boob guns!
- Blood: Undead gunslinger getting revenge on his demonic deity and his army of cultists and monsters.
- Rise of the Triads: Five mercenaries going against an terrorist organisation associated with a cult.

Now that I think about it. We need more first person shooters with female protagonists. No, Mirror's Edge doesn't count.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "I like to play as either male/female characters" Thread - by Dolphman - 10-05-2016, 02:23 AM