Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Point Commissions (using deviantART's Point Currency)
oh, nice, i feel like i'm going off topic here, but ian, people aren't targeting you because you have autism, or you're "retarded"

it's because (a) you constantly request things and never submit anything in return - not even posts, and (b) you're constantly playing the victim card i can't say you're even a "professional victim" because admittedly you're not very good at it, lol. you just guilt-trip us by calling yourself a "retard" and an "autistic". (which...like 80% of the community is the latter, actually, so i'm not really sure why you're throwing that around when we've all got the sense to not do that, as we don't let a disability define who we are)
you've got this very ho-hum attitude towards everything because someone on this site owned you once, and you're acting like you'd rather crumple into a ball and die rather than learn to do anything.
i hate to air dirty laundry in public, but it also gives a little insight into your personal life, and that you're probably bribed into half the things you do IRL in exchange for little rewards - extrinsic motivation. (it also seems like you're treated like a child IRL, which is crazy because we're almost the same age. i'm older by a few months)

in the adult world, you no longer get rewards for doing little things, and instead, there's "intrinsic motivation" - when you're driven to do something out of your own sheer will in exchange for a reward that has no monetary or physical compensation - instead, now you've got bragging rights or new, additional knowledge that'll stick with you. and you feel good about it, because now you've got a valuable set of skills. just like the people here who've been ripping various sprites, sounds and textures. just like puggsoy, who writes small applications to rip even more assets from games that you couldn't do with someone else's tools.

being you're posting on here and acting like your life is depending on it, i assume you have a lot of spare time on your hands. it might be worth your time to do something productive with that time, like learning to program (hint: start with Visual Basic if you're a visual learner - or COBOL [no visuals] if you've got a real interest in the classics)
i feel like you'd have a real knack for it, and while you can't change the world with a "Hello World", it's a good start onward and upward :V

oh yeah "deviantart points" has to be the most gaia online thing i've heard in years. it's like going to a hotel and offering to cut a deal with the hotel staff saying you'll pay them back in commissioned art.

edit: also when you try to justify why you keep asking for things, they're the goofiest reasons too ("you'll have my adoration and respect", "this community just doesn't appreciate older cartoons") I hate to be so tactless, but think to yourself for a minute: if we've all got our busy lives and projects on our plate, doing what we like out of our passion for videogames.
WHY should we drop everything and rip every asset from Looney Tunes games because The Prince Of Looney Tunes Trivia And Probably A Distant Relative of Mel Blanc has graced us with his presence and demands it? We're working on things too - though we'd probably warm up to the request if you contributed to the community by either (a) submitting your own rips [like Carpaccio does - he asks for things we never get around to, but he's ripping models all the time, so we don't get mad] or (b) post and become an influential member of the community (like...uhh...me. If I made a small request and it didn't require writing a custom tool, people would probably not have an issue looking into it)
It's just...take a step back dude. Your contribution : request post ratio is literally like 1:200.
The age-old phrase is "You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" - not "You're a cat, just lay there while I scratch your back for eternity"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Point Commissions (using deviantART's Point Currency) - by Kosheh - 09-21-2016, 07:18 AM