Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do You Believe In "Untouchable Classics?"
I personally really really love the Back to the Future films. I really can't think of anything that could be improved in them. I'm sure nostalgia plays a part (it always does) but I've watched them countless times and every time instead of noticing flaws I even notice neat things I hadn't before. The only issue is that there are only 3 films, but then again any more may have ruined the series. (The Telltale games do continue the story and aren't up to the same standard but I consider them separate from the movies, in this context.)

I think the Professor Layton games would also count for me. I have yet to play the final one but I really have enjoyed them consistently throughout and I can't think of much that I would want changed (the first game had some gameplay things that could have been better but they were improved in the following games).
I think that this is something that's harder to achieve, as well as evaluate, when talking about games. The fact that the games were quite constrained in terms of user interaction (being a type of visual novel with puzzles) compared to most other games means that it leaves little room for issues to arise and things can be polished better. There are games that I enjoy more and would go higher on my "favourite games" list (although these are pretty high), but those have things that could be modified or improved or which I may have preferred to be done differently and as such can't be considered as "untouchable". They're amazing but they could be better, while I believe the Professor Layton games cannot.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Shade, Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Believe In "Untouchable Classics?" - by puggsoy - 09-08-2016, 02:44 AM