Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
★ The Sonic Adventure 2 Problem ★ - Dreamcast Ripping
★ I need help from anyone that knows coding well, models, binary ((.bin) & hex editing), and who has the ability to learn to help us with this endeavor. ★

The SA2 problem is the fact that we are unable to properly/successful rip all/most models from the game (- most stage models).

Many of you may or may not know this but Over the years many people have been trying to rip from Sonic Adventure 2, especially the Dreamcast version. While there have been programs designed to do this by various people such as Kryslin, SANiK, and MainMemory for Dreamcast games such as NiGHTS, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Adventure 2, there has been no program to successfully be able to rip/export the models from these games with all of the models parts [At least publicly, supposedly there was one that someone had privately but they lost it after something happened to their hard-drive]. (This includes all bones, vertices, polygons, textures/texture formatting, proper RGB values, materials, etc.) Even all of the versions of both Sonic Adventure games from prototypes to re-releases have problems with models being ripped, mainly character models. (Stages are easier to rip,but characters are not because stages don't really move/change that much if that makes any sense.)

I need help from anyone who see's this and is familiar with the code from the Dreamcast console/games, and some/all of the sonic adventure games, or good at coding or understanding coding at all. I have spoken to MainMemory (as seen in the images below) and he believes that the problem is with the something in the program he has written in SA Tools, mainly being SAMDL with verticies and polygons for this part of the program. https://github.com/sonicretro/sa_tools/b...ch.cs#L200

Chat With MainMemory:

Visual Results of attempting to rip Character Models from SA2:

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
★ The Sonic Adventure 2 Problem ★ - Dreamcast Ripping - by Yarcaz - 08-11-2016, 12:41 PM