Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adventure™ (a Mario & Sonic thing)
I'm glad that you're open to critiques, my friend. I just didn't want to jump in and overwhelm you with suggestions you might be hard-pressed to fulfill.

Anyway, I can't really go into depth right now because I'm a bit busy with designing a new potential animation program. Afterwards, I'll draw up a few notes that give my two-cents on how to better animate the characters. For now, though, I'll have to give you some verbal advice on one part I found pretty jarring. For Mario, when he mentioned that something is fishy, have his torso (and maybe his pelvis) rotate to the right and make it lean to the right, too; however, before that, add anticipation by adding tiny rotations to the left. Also, when his head rotates towards Luigi, don't just have it rotate to the right directly. Instead, add in a small head tilt upwards (or possibly downwards) as the head turns. That way, you'll form more of a curve instead of a straight line. As expected, the head turn needs anticipation (which is true for pretty much any action in animation).

By the way, you mentioned that the Mario models lack eyelids. Considering that, it's worth it to find models that have better control over the eyes for more expressions. If not, then maybe try creating and rigging eyelids yourself?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Adventure™ (a Mario & Sonic thing) - by Xiron - 06-30-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Adventure™ (a Mario & Sonic thing) - by E-Man - 06-30-2016, 05:26 PM