Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating Sprite-Based Cutscenes (For AKIRA)
(06-27-2016, 12:55 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Considering that this is based off the film, I think they probably used footage from that, reduced it, and polished it.
If you want something close to these, that's what my approach would be!

So yeah, I'd make a few screen caps, reduce their size, then colour reduce them using a Genesis palette (you have to work with indexed colours rather than 24bit RGB), and then clean the result so it's not too grainy.

I see... Yeah That's probably quite possible. Though with what technology back then, i have no idea... Although a screens have to be custom made, since they didn't appear in the film, like at the beginning with Kaneda at the bar, Tetsuo is in the bar with him instead on another character named yamagata.

I hadn't thought of that (somehow), but it's not like cheating right? in the spiriting community people would't frown on  the method for using a preexisting image right? I'd feel bad it it was...

thats another thing i need to ask about, what exactly is a genesis palette? or a snes one for that matter, is there a place where i can see each color that was available to the systems?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating Sprite-Based Cutscenes (For AKIRA) - by matsuda123 - 06-27-2016, 03:43 PM