Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Creating Sprite-Based Cutscenes (For AKIRA)
Question 
In 1994, an AKIRA game was in development for the SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Game Boy, and Game Gear. Up until this year, the most information we had about the game was from scanty gaming articles and screenshots. However, recently a new video of gameplay was discovered, uncovering how the games levels would look, and most importantly for this post, how the animated cut scenes would look like. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHOynqolOQ

The version shown is of the Genesis version. at the 27-40 seconds mark is where we see the first cutscenes for the game. Since the Genesis could't run FMV without the CD attachment, the company painstakingly made these amazing scenes by pixel for the game. Pretty well animated for 16 bit limitations!

Since the ROM does not exist online, I was interested in recreating at least a few of those frames myself by spiriting, but I am unsure of where to start. Has anyone attempted something like this before? Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Creating Sprite-Based Cutscenes (For AKIRA) - by matsuda123 - 06-26-2016, 01:17 AM