Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any actual rock songs by Imagine Dragons?
I personally don't really look at or concisder artists for their genre of music, i just care that it's appealing to my ears, and ideally not annoyingly catchy.

Demons is prob my favorite, and tbh, I haven't heard anything besides it and Radioactive. I'm generally reluctant about following artists as a whole. (well, when it comes to entertainment, especially music) So far, I wouldn't say Imagine Dragons is my favorite, but it's nothing to do with their genre/style, which I actually knew nothing about till this thread.

What I will say is the 'pure' form of a style or genre probably wouldn't include techno and stuff, but as times progress, the old and the new get mixed. However, it usually is a sub-style/genre or derivative of it, rather than an actual component of the main branch. I recall this from taking World Music. I don't remember quite which country, or the third one, but for example, there were three main styles of music in the area: Traditional, Neo-Traditional, and as I said, I forgot the rest. One is how it would originally have been played, whereas the other may add new instruments or stylistic elements to it, while building upon the traditional version. It's been a while, honestly, so my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Another thing to consider is art in general, has very blurred lines drawn across the board. There's no official definition of either art or music. It's literally "something that is intended to be, and is interpreted as such" There might have been a third property, but I forgot what that was. Either way, it doesn't narrow the results down at all.

I can't speak for genres/styles, themselves, but the derivative forms do tend to have some room to make changes.

Regardless, unless it was totally different from what they say it is (like, singing about how great the devil is and calling it "Christian" music...just to give an extreme example) , I don't think I'd care much about the genre or !genre than the way the music actually sounds, but that's just me. I might be annoyed, but I doubt I'd complain that "well, technically, it's not this" It's also entirely likely someone got mixed-up. As many genres/styles, and as many obscure tiny details about each one that are easy to miss, it's not inconceivable for the artists, themselves to get mixed-up. (and no, not saying this did happen, only that it can)

Again, I never judged Imagine Dragons for their supposed genre/style, but I'm not entirely sure I ever picked-up a rock vibe when listening. I'll have to more closely examine that later...but then again, I honestly don't care, because I judge by the sound, not the label it is classified by.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any actual rock songs by Imagine Dragons? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 06-16-2016, 01:37 AM