Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Your online persona(s)/identities/missions
Well, my memory is a little foggy on this, because I've been using the internet for about a good 10-11 years by now and migrating from community to community.

I was either 11-12 by the time I figured out how to join an online community and there's been sort of a lengthy history on that. Which I can admit that I used to be a pretty huge trouble maker given that I was young, which I won't even begin to describe what I was going through in my personal life that led me to be a salty edge-lord online back then. I've had a ton of different usernames and honestly, there are a lot of them that I don't even remember. I'll just abridge the whole story based on what I do remember.

Originally, I was using alot of online games like Neopets and Runescape, I don't remember the username I had for Neopets but I do remember going by Bobman716 when I was playing Runescape. After awhile when I really started using online communities like Nsider and an old project forum which was meant for a fan-made pokemon gold and silver remake that ended up being cancelled by the time everyone found out that Heart Gold and Soul Silver became a reality, Then came Mario Fan Games Galaxy which if I remember right I had several different usernames like LordDarkStar(RandomNumbers) and MasteroftheWii which was probably around 2005-2006 for the majority of my early online community history.

Eventually I migrated over to Pixeltendo under the second mentioned username for MarioFanGamesGalaxy, and... Well a lot of the older members here know my past with how that went and I actually admit I was acting very immaturely on so many occasions, got a ton of flak from a lot of different members for acting out and eventually got banned from there. (Edit: Come to think of it I flipped out after awhile and became more and more defensive as time went on after getting hammered every time I posted, even when I wasn't trying to go out of my way cause trouble initially.) After that I just ended up lurking on those forums for awhile up until I found out that The VG Resource split from Pixeltendo and developed it's own internet forum and that's how I came to be here since 2008 under Diogalesu (which, was just a random name I came up with). I was still immature for a good while being an angry teen for a good portion of this time up and I really didn't stop my nonsense until I was just straight up told that I was being unnecessarily childish on my part.

During this time I also ended up completely abandoning Mario Fan Games Galaxy, Neopets and Runescape for different reasons, I also tried getting myself involved with the new Pixeltendo a couple of times and some of the communities that some of the members from Pixeltendold made as an alternative to TSR, but after awhile and realizing that I just wasn't getting along with some of the members in those places I just kind of ended up dissociating myself from those particular communities since I just felt that I didn't really belonged in them. That isn't to say that I haven't gotten along with some of those people, because I do still have connections with some of those people I haven't cut off.

I also began exploring other social media outlets like Deviant Art, Newgrounds, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Youtube, Pixeljoint, you name it. And that goes into an extended history I'm not going to bother explaining here.

In 2012 I was mostly being addicted to Facebook, and I also made a LinkedIn account that I'm only starting to use a little bit more for professional reasons. I started going to college and just figuring out what I really wanted to do in life, I still lurked every now and then to see how things were going and I kind of posted on some occasions, I've only started being active a little more recently here and I just kind of came up with the username Uncle Drew. Which has it's origins while I was going to college and it just ended up sticking to me after awhile and give or take I have been using that here more than anything else and since my brother and his recently wedded wife ended up with their daughter, I just kept the username and used it along with my other online persona which is really more or less meant for gaming: Toonluck[lV73]

I guess I'm still immature in a few ways but I learn from my mistakes as I go along with my life both on the net and IRL. But that's just really a brief history with my use of online communities in a nutshell. I suppose the reason why I've kept with the community here for so long is because that I've enjoyed seeing how the community has grown over the past couple of years, and while I still don't post much I think it's evolved beautifully over the years. (Personally, if I had the knowledge to do more I'd contribute, but I'm not at that point yet. Until then I'm going to hone my skills as an artist and start exploring some different ideas with whatever I know now.)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your online persona(s)/identities/missions - by DioShiba - 06-06-2016, 01:38 AM