Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites
Just came across this web page when researching how GIMP do alpha-blending, and apparently there are at least 17 different ways to do it! Oh crap...

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-layer-modes.html

Then there is another problem - additive blending doesn't work if the background is transparent. It is still transparent after blend.

Try to make the result opaque, the clouds is still black, so it is still wrong.

I am no graphic designer, let me know if I am wrong - I think alpha mask with rgb(20,20,20) can be translate to rgba(255,255,255,20). It kind of feels right. The clouds are white and semi-transparent certainly helps. So alpha mask rgb(20,40,80) can be translate to rgba(63,127,255,80), right?

I don't know...

Taking a break for some fresh air.

@Smithy Thanks. I managed to find the palette. Turns out they are on "overlay/overlay_7.bin". Either that, or it is in "arm9.bin". I believe arm9.bin is like an .EXE and those overlay files are like .DLL for NDS. No idea how to work with them, yet.

BUT! If it is about assembling parts into sprites, it is done! All three NDS games used the same file format, so my script works on all 3 of them. I also found the animation sequence and timing data too. Some examples on how it looks with a grayscale palette.

.zip   dos_sini.zip (Size: 618.77 KB / Downloads: 142) Grim Reaper from Dawn of Sorrow

.zip   por_imo.zip (Size: 300.24 KB / Downloads: 133) Loretta from Portrait of Ruins

.zip   ooe_mael.zip (Size: 674.83 KB / Downloads: 163) Rusalka from Order of Ecclesia

Please let me know is there any sprites that I need to be aware of, like it has alpha-blending and stuff.

Take care,
- Rufas
Thanked by: SmithyGCN, Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legend Of Mana: Assembled Bosses/Monsters Sprites - by rufaswan - 04-02-2020, 05:22 PM