Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Blender Add-On for direct BFRES import (WIP!)
I'm not as far as I wanted to be by now, as I was mostly dicking around with simple mods of Mario Kart 8, but I'm slowly getting somewhere...
[Image: iggyimport.png]
(yes, BFRES has Y as the Z axis and vice-versa; yes, there will be an auto-on option to correct that ;P)

I still have several unknown attribute formats. What that means is that I cannot interprete the shape / looks of some objects on tracks, maybe I can just skip those as they're often associated with unimportant attributes (the 3DS Max-Scripts don't have support for those too as it seems); especially in track files.

If you feel experimental, you can already try the add-on, installing it in the same way as my rip-importer (I don't give detailled instructions here yet as it's still pretty experimental). If you get some errors, most are caused by the missing attributes (the error message is pretty clear about that), for any other errors, please report them already; also try directly decompressing SZS files with it =)
Thanked by: Ton, Struggleton!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blender Add-On for direct BFRES import (WIP / only code yet!) - by Ray Koopa - 05-28-2016, 12:15 PM